The New Hope History
The New Hope Baptist Church started as a byproduct of the First Baptist Church of Franklin Virginia In the early 1950’s where they met at Johnson’s Funeral Home and they purchased the property at1415 Rosewood Avenue in 1957. Where the Rev. Charles Mac Jones was the Pastor at that time. Pastor John Ward, Pastor Linwood Johnson and presently Pastor Anthony Goodwyn are some of the Pastors that have passed through this venue. Under Pastor Goodwyn’s administration, many souls have given their life to Christ In addition, added to the church. We have a Praise and Worship team, Youth Choir, Gospel Choir, Men’s Fellowship, 3 Radio Ministries, and 15 Associate Ministers. The Evans Smith Leadership Training Institute recently started classes at the newly purchased building by the church.